Skip to main content

The Creatures in the Volcano (Monsterbus p.54)

This is a beautiful and moving story when taken seriously. The start is exhilarating, the end is thought provoking. It's about an existential threat that nobody will believe because it seems so crazy.

I think this is another prophecy come true. It applies to the central theme of both the Eternals and of the monster comics: higher beings deciding our future.  For example, I recently blogged about how the human race has until the year 2026 to find a way to survive the coming of the gods. Like aliens in volcanoes, it sounds crazy. But if it is true, what can we do?

In my view we can survive the gods by becoming much stronger. And we can only do that by creating a fairer society (so every human's potential can be used). See my other site, answersanswers.com, for details. But I can't say "make a fairer society because the gdsa re coming". Like the story of aliens in volcanoes, nobody would believe me. So like the man in the story, I have to appeal to the profit motive, even though accepting ugly capitalism might seem like selling out.

tl;dr the volcano story is my story.

Comments